1752806 Members
6578 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ILO and Insight Manager

fluidville
Frequent Advisor

ILO and Insight Manager

Being a complete and utter newbie to Insight manager. Have a couple of questions that I would like to ask.

1. What level of information could be obtained from a HP proliant server using ILO advanced with no operating system.

My network is such that HP SIM 5.3 sits on the same local network as the ILO of all my servers, I have allot of servers with out operating systems that I would like to collect hardware data of is this at all possible.

2. I have set up the SNMP settings to point to the SIM server, but am a little uncertain as to the web agent URL settings, is this pertinant to a system running an OS if not what where does the agent reside and what would be the URL used.
2 REPLIES 2
DenisM

Re: ILO and Insight Manager

> 2. I have set up the SNMP settings to point to the SIM server, but am a little uncertain as to the web agent URL settings, is this pertinant to a system running an OS if not what where does the agent reside and what would be the URL used.

This an address of System Management Homepage, usually your monitored server hostname.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ILO and Insight Manager

1> so far as system identification goes, an identification will result in obtaining information about the iLO rather than the base HP System unfortunately.
I would expect the iLO to be able to send events as a result of a major hardware failure (ie failed disk), but from my understanding you really need System Management Agents installed to correctly identify the physical hardware