1748117 Members
3662 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLO information not available in Insight Control for vCenter

SonyaGJ
Occasional Contributor

iLO information not available in Insight Control for vCenter

I have Insight Control for vCenter installed on my HP SIM server. The Insight Software tab on two of my VMware hosts doesn't show any health status information or any of the iLO links. I have confirmed that the iLOs on those host are configured and accessible via the web using the credentials I supplied to Insight Control and all of my other hosts' information shows up in the plug in. Both hosts have been discover by SIM and I can launch the iLOs for both from the SIM interface. I've already checked everything in the document "HP Insight Control for VMware vCenter Server User Guide" for "Health status and/or information is missing for specific hosts or clusters." None of the suggested actions had any effect. The two hosts are in different enclosures and all of the other hosts in those enclosures are accessible in the plug in.
4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: iLO information not available in Insight Control for vCenter

What version of ESX are the hosts and what version are the hp agents installed on them? What is you firewall config on the hosts?
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
SonyaGJ
Occasional Contributor

Insight Control for vCenter has no agents; it's installed on the SIM server or the vCenter server and connects to the iLOs of the ESX hosts. I have it installed on the SIM server. I'm not using firewall on the hosts. All hosts, including the ones that are not accessible are ESXi 4.1.0, but that doesn't matter. The control shouldn't care what version of VMware is running as long as the vCenter server is version 4.x, which it is. All hosts are configured exactly the same using host profiles.
siya_1

Goto Vcenter and click on the corresponding host-> Summary tab of corresponding host is opened, click on configuration tab in the Vcenter-> under software-> power management link is available, click on it and a properties link will be available, give iLO├в s username, password, IP and MAC address. MAC address will be available in iLO page
SonyaGJ
Occasional Contributor

I fixed the issue by rerunning the Insight Control for vCenter Setup Wizard on my SIM server. I changed from server short names to FQDNs anywhere it requested server information. I also changed the VMware Host Global Credentials to use the root account instead of a vCenter account that was setup for this software. All host are now displaying iLO information and links. I didn't have to change anything on the vCenter server or the hosts.