1761355 Members
3005 Online
108901 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Integrated Manageemnt Log Page Blank

Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Integrated Manageemnt Log Page Blank

When you select the Integrated Management Log on one of my W2K servers, it just displays a blank page. My Insight Manager console is reporting a Hardware Status of Major but I am unable to find out what it thinks the problem is. I appear to be able to access every other page and setting from this server apart from the Integrated Manageemnt Log Page. anyone any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Lenny
9 REPLIES 9
Carlsberg
Frequent Advisor

Re: Integrated Manageemnt Log Page Blank

I gather that you are viewing the log via HP SMH.

Have you tried clearing or viewing the log via HP Integrated management Log viewer?
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Yes I'm trying to view via the SMH. I've just seen that if I select the server in HP SIM and clickon the Events tab, I can view the events and clear tme from here. Still says Hardware Status Major though in the server SMH, so I really could do with being able to view the logs on the device SMH itself if possible. Still loads a blank page.

Thanks

Lenny
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

How about provide a screen shot of the SMH. Also it is unclear if you logged on the console of the server and use the HP integrated mamangement log viewer? Possibly the driver for the log viewer is not installed. how about try reinstall the psp and then try it again.
regards,
martin
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Yes I've already re-installed the PSP. I'm logged in to the SMH as Administrator and attached is a copy of the blank log.

Lenny
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Have you tried looking at the IML when remoted into the server itself? I have the same problem with my Blade servers and no one has come up with a resolution yet. I can't view the IML from SIMS, but I can if I log onto the server and do it from there.
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

What is the name and location of the log file on the server?

Thanks

Lenny
dimka_2
Occasional Contributor

try to check SNMP settings - communitites and permitted managers. Especially permitted managers - make sure localhost is in the list.
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

The SNMP settings are the same as for another server that works, except I appear to have an additional community name called f9eb270c-4c04-4071-aa49-42ceeb12352a with a RW permsission. Have no idea what this is but I can't see it having any effect. It's the first community string in the list. I'm on site tomorrow where the server is so unless I can fix it today remotely I'm going to remove the agents, reboot the server, delete any existing directory structure that remains and re-install them.

Lenny
Lenny Davis
Regular Advisor

Yesterday I completely removed the V7.90 Insight Manager support pack, rebooted the server, renamed C:\HP as there were still a handful of directories and files in existance, re-installed V7.91 and rebooted the server. Still the same problem.

I need to know where the log file is, because if it is stored within C:\HP then something else must be the problem.

Doesn't matter where I run the homePage from, either on the server direct or any other machine, the log file just doesn't display.

Lenny