Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748107 Members
4946 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Migrate HP SIM 6 DB to full SQL Instance

Doug M. P.

Migrate HP SIM 6 DB to full SQL Instance

I am trying to move my HP SIM 6 DB from the SQL Express 2005 instance to a full SQL 2008 instance on a remote server. I have changed all the db params, and when I start up SIM and tail the logs, I can see it test the new server and get it's info, like DB version, architecture type, etc. But then, when it continues it's startup, it fails with a variety of error messages, including this one:

28 Jun 11:34:08,471 WARN [SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection metadata
org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.))

I've had the DBA check this out and all looks goods to him. And again, the app is able to connect to the DB the first time, so I'm not sure what the issue might be. I'm hoping someone else has some thoughts on what might be causing this and how to fix it. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
mike.anderson

I would love to have an answer to this as well. I tried both SQL 2005 and 2008. Updated both recommended DB props files (and later half a dozen other config files which looked like they might be the culprit.)
Even tried updating some system DSN's.

I ended up giving up and reverting everything.

First 100 lines of the mxdomainmgr log were fine, showed the new database connecting fine, but then JBoss would start throwing "connection refused" errors.
Glen Kj├жrulff
Trusted Contributor

Hi

You need to update.

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\jboss\server\hpsim\deploy\hpsim-ds.xml

C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\config\database.props
and database.admins

/Glen
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Ether what glen said or you use data migration tool to export and import back.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/download.html
mike.anderson

I ended up using the migration tool as one poster mentioned. It worked well enough, a little extra work and a new server name.
In retrospect I probably might have had better luck if I hadn't tried to rename the DB.

Insight_v50_xxxxxxxxx doesn't thrill my DBA but I guess we'll live with it.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

that name is dynamically generated name by SIM based on . so its insight_v50_