1752796 Members
6170 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MX command errors

gdf1903

MX command errors

Good morning,

I get the folowing error when attempting to run any of the MX commands in HP SIM 6.2. The following error was returned when trying to run mxpassword -g, but I get similar errors for the other mx commands.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at com.hp.mx.cli.MxAuxillaryDispatcher.main(MxAuxillaryDispatcher.java:3
40)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.hp.mx.utilities.MxKeystore.getPrivateKeyEncoded(MxKeystore.java:4
430)
at com.hp.mx.utilities.MxKeystore.(MxKeystore.java:411)
at com.hp.mx.utilities.MxKeystore.(MxKeystore.java:281)
... 1 more
ERROR: mxpassword received an exception from Java Virtual Machine.
ERROR: mxpassword received an exception from Java Virtual Machine.

Can anyone offer any assistance here? HP SIM is running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Gary.
6 REPLIES 6
Ali
HPE Pro

Hi Gary,

Make sure that:
1. Your username has been added to HP Systems Insight Manager database. credentials are correctly defined in HP SIM.

2. Your username and password, if specified, are correctly spelled.

3. HP Systems Insight Manager service is running or restart the services.

4. You used '--' for any long options and double quotes if your username include
s a domain.
Example: --user "mydomain\myusername" --pass mypassword

hope this helps,
thanks,
Aftab
I work for HPE
Looking for a quick resolution to a technical issue for your HPE products? HPE Support Center Knowledge-base тАУ Just a Click Away!
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Gary,

This issue has been mainly seen during SIM Upgrade. Did you attempted SIM upgrade to 6.2?

Make sure you have the \config\certstor\server_key.pem file, if not then there might have some issue during SIM upgrade.

This encoded certificate file is used to authenticate a secure connection with SIM server. If not present this error will occur.

Thanks,
Arunav Nayak
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Gary,

Can you please confirm what is the current status of your CMS.

Thanks,
Arunav
gdf1903

Thanks for all the replies so far. Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been on holiday. I can confirm that my credentials have access to the HP SIM database and are correctly stored in SIM. I have also confirmed the existence of the server_key.pem file.

The install of HP SIM 6.2 was a fresh install and not an upgrade.

I am still experiencing this problem.

I wish to run MXPASSWORD to change the credentials SIM uses to connect to the database; can this be done any other way?
Arunav Nayak
Valued Contributor

Hi Gary,

It is not possible to change HP SIM's password, that you use.

HP SIM uses Windows authentication scheme, thus if you create a new user in Windows with administrator privileges then the same user will be picked up by HP SIM as a new ADMIN user. Same is possible for all the users present in windows setup.

Maybe you can try create a new windows user and try to use the same credentials to connect to SIM. Lets see if this issue is resolved or not.

Thanks,
Arunav Nayak
gdf1903

Hi,

I do not want to change the username I use to login to SIM. I want to change the username SIM uses to access the backend database. From the HP documentation I need to use MXPASSWORD to do this:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1041910