1751698 Members
5421 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: mxdomainmgr.exe eating up Memory

City_Blue
Super Advisor

mxdomainmgr.exe eating up Memory

we have recently upgraded to the latest version of HPsim. all was ok till i installed remote support software.

and i then found frontbase.exe eating up memory very quiclky to the point that the server and SIM would be unusable with in a few hours.

i have now removed and disabled all remote support software and Asset 4.9.

but i have found that the Mxdomainmgr.exe is showing the same symptoms, but not as fast, this takes a few day's before it affects the server and SIM

has anyone eles had the same issue with this EXE

cheers
10 REPLIES 10
Dennis Young_1
Occasional Advisor

I'm having the same issue with my SIM server and mxdomainmgr.exe taking up over 800MB of memory and growing. Every few days I have to restart SIM on the server to clear it up. Be pain.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

it would seem we are the only 2 people int he entire world that is having this issue.

or no one knows how to fix it?

i have fixed mine, but it took a total server rebuild and i did not install any of the remote support features.

but would still like to know why it did what it did
Carles City
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

you are not alone : we're suffering the same problem of low performance on HP SIM 5.2 SP2 (build C.05.02.02.00)

The problem is that we cannot disable remote support because our EVA8000's are monitored remotely via HP SIM and ISEE.

Regards,

Carles Ciutat
BARCELONA (SPAIN)
Supot

Hi,

I'm facing this issue too.

Is there someone could help us?

Thanks,
Supot
NL User
Occasional Advisor

We had similair issues.
In the end it was caused by the firewall. On aprox 50 out of 2000 monitored HP systems/items there was a firewall which was blocking TCP port 280 (dropping the packets more exactly). SIM didn't like that at all and we had a crashing SIM about 2 or 3 times per day.

I would suggest really checking if nothing is blocked on firewalls, even if you don't use the functionality like DMI/WMI.

MXDomainMgr still is using about 900MB here, but the system is rock steady (uptime upto 30 days... Caused by Micrsoft patches :) )
PascalF

We have te same issue, right now mxdomainmgr.exe is 904mb.

We experience lots of connection lost to HP SIM server.
mark q
Regular Advisor

I actually got a doc from hp on configuring the memory etc for large amounts of servers.

the /3gb switch helped in the boot ini if this is windows if it's linux sorry I'm not that familiar.

There were a bunch of little tweaks like purge events older than 30 days instead of 90

I have around 4200 devices in sim and it's still in tough shape.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

Mark

have you link to this Doc?

i tried all the /3gb and /PAE switches, but none worked.

would like to see what this say's as when i put a call in to HP i didn't get much from them

so rebuilt my server and left all the offending stuff off

cheers
mark q
Regular Advisor

Configuring HP SIM for Optimal Performance in a Large Environment (pdf) New!

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/hpsim/infolibrary.html (Information Library link)