1753784 Members
7163 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: new to sim, need help to configure event

Alberto de_la_Torre
Occasional Contributor

new to sim, need help to configure event

Sim is great at notifying us when a server becomes unreachable. I'd like to set a notification so when the server comes back online, we will also get an email. I've hunted all over and don't see an easy way to do this. I'm sure I'm just unfamiliar with things. It can't be that hard. Can somebody point me in the right direction to do this?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Markus M.
Trusted Contributor

Hi

you can achieve this with a custom event handler:
Create one with:
"options" => "Events" => "Automatic Event Handling" => "New Task"

Select the event "System reachable" and later the Scope you want to be notified about.

IMO this this the only way to achieve this and there`s also the rub: You cannot combine unreachable and corresponding reachable system states, so you will get notified on ALL reachable events, which amount will be very high i suppose; but go ahead and give it a try..

kr
Markus
Alberto de_la_Torre
Occasional Contributor

Markus,

Thanks very much for the help. You pointed me in the exact direction. I find the user interface for SIM to be very poorly designed. Most gui's assist by leading you through visual cues or lists. HP sim has their lists/choices hidden until you drill down to the appropriate level. I think the UI could use a major overhaul.