New Discussion

Not receiving System Unreachable eMail Alert

SOLVED
Go to solution
LumberJack1874
Occasional Advisor

Not receiving System Unreachable eMail Alert

Guys,  we are us.ing SIM 7.4.0...

We have an alert set up to advise when a VM goes off-line.. and comes back on-line.

We get the on-line alert.. but not the alert when the system goes off-line.

Any ideas waht this might be ??

Feel free to ask more info ...

5 REPLIES 5
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Not receiving System Unreachable eMail Alert

this is the setting i use in automatic event handling to send us emails for any minor, majot and critical event.

Server being unreachable will generate an critical alert so will send out email with these details

screenshot attached

LumberJack1874
Occasional Advisor

Thanks... this works all good!

Do you also alert when the device comes back on-line?

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

No I don't. Only sees it go missing,  when it comes back I get no email 

LumberJack1874
Occasional Advisor

Can aynone tell me what I need to configure to get the "System is reachable" alert email out?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

If you only want reachable events you need to create a collection that only shows these events. Do you know how to create these filters? When you created this filter you need to create and Automatic Event Handling task. This can be found under Options> Events>Automatic Event Handling>New task. Click new, type a name for your rule, next, now you select the filter you created earlier that only contains the unreachable events. Now push the next button, select all Systems or if you want a collection of servers that you want unreachable events from and click the next. In the next screen select the Send e-mail box.

I always also select the clear event so i know the event was emailed. IN the Email fields you type the email address you want to send to., next. This screen shows time filters if you don't want emails in the night or in the weekend.. Now the last next and if not already configured you can click the Edit e-mail settings to configure your email server..

Kind regards,

Andrew