New Discussion

Problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Margret Schröder
Occasional Contributor

Problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM

Hello Together,

I have a problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM. For testing I removed one of the net plugs at a test machine. One hour later the error report arrived the SMH. After then I have waited for two to three hours, but the SIM didn’t get the error report. It was also everything ok.

My questions:

1. Exists a setting for the SMH to notice such a failure earlier? Is it necessary to accomplish a specially configuration?
2. Is there a setting / a feature which must be activated, so that the SMH sends the error report to the SIM?

Thank you already in Ahead!
3 REPLIES 3
Shivaprasad V

Re: Problem with the communication between the SMH and the SIM

Hi,

On HP-SIM Server, you will have to subscribe for the WBEM/EMS/SNMP Notifications for the test system where you have performed hardware resource operation.

Please create a subscription from HP-SIM Server to receive the Notifications.

Thanks
Shivaprasad
Maxim Revutskiy
Valued Contributor
Solution

For Linux/Widows hosts you need to set up traps destination to you SIM server

For linux you need to add line "trapsink sim_server_address communityname" to snmpd.conf (usally /etc/snmpd.conf or /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)

For windows you need to go to Services, "SNMP Service", Properties, "Traps" tab. And fill community name and server address

As for HP-UX, it is better to subscribe to WBEM events. You need to input credentials in SIM, or install SIM certificate on host. After that in SIM -> Options -> Events -> Subscribe to WBEM events
Margret Schröder
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for help