108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PSP 7.40A: Agent settings prohibit installing software

SOLVED
Go to solution
J. Ey
Occasional Advisor

PSP 7.40A: Agent settings prohibit installing software

After updating a few servers to PSP 7.40a I recognized that installing software with the Version Control Agent ist no longer possible.
The icons for starting the installation is grayed out and a bubble help says "Agent settings prohibit installing software".

Jens Ey
12 REPLIES 12
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Did you configure the agents in the 7.40PSP before deploying?

If you used Trust By Certificate check that you still have a Trust Certificate on the remote server.
J. Ey
Occasional Advisor

I did not configure it before updating the Servers. But, the SMH recognized me as an admin and I am allowed to change agent settings. Of course I checked the certificate and it is still there.
J. Ey
Occasional Advisor

I forgot to write that I even installed PSP 7.40A on a newly installed linux-server. It shows the same problem. In this case I configured the PSP modules before installing them.
Ian Grobler
Frequent Advisor

I have seen the same problem with the 7.40 VCAgent after upgrading from 7.30. I tried re-configuring the Homepage security options and the vcagent settings themselves without luck. All agents were also pre-configured before installation and set to 'not overwrite' older settings upon installation (tested W2K and 2003 servers)

Reverting back to the 7.30 VCagent (cp005177.exe version 2.1.1.720) works. With the rest of the 7.40 PSP components still installed the 7.30 VCagent allows software installation from the VCRM as per norm. The VCRM version on the back-end is the latest as per download and SIM5.0 (2.1.3.740)

All configurations seem correct so I will watch this thread and hopefully a solution is out there somewhere ;-)
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

Make sure Anonymous access in VCRM system is not enabled.

for checking it,
open SMH in VCRM computer and goto "settings" -> "Security" -> "local\anonymous access" and Uncheck "anonymous access" option

and then check all the VCA systems, "Install" Icon must be enabled
J. Ey
Occasional Advisor

That changed nothing, sorry.
However, I noticed that the icons willl only become gray if I install the complete PSP at once. I installed the modules one by one via VCA and even after the last module (SMH) the icons were not gray. Funny thing that!
DuckieTM

Here is the fix !!!!

find the file
C:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcagent\xsl.en\inventory.xls

and change the following :

TO :

Have Funn !!!!!!
DuckieTM

P.S. don't forget to restart the HP vesion service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ian Grobler
Frequent Advisor
Solution

The change to the inventory.xsl file works 100%. Many thanks D!
I am hopeful than HP will fix this in the next VCAgent, as editing the .xsl after every install is a real pain. At least we can make it work now! Good stuff.