Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753534 Members
5751 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Quick and Easy ~ Updating the Repository ??

SOLVED
Go to solution
EGiblock
Occasional Contributor

Quick and Easy ~ Updating the Repository ??

I have a mix of servers here that I monitor with insight manager. ranging from physical boxes running both w2k3 x32 and x64 platforms, to physical boxes running both w2k3 and w2k8 x64 os. and then a mixture of virtual machines inside those boxes.

this leads me to at least 700+ mb of software packages for the system management pack software downloads. this can be time consuming becuase i like to do it off-hours so i don't hog the bandwidth.

is there an easy way to update the software inside the repository, either inside insight manager, or outside the manager with another utility??

right now i just manually download the software packs and put them in the repository.

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks !

4 REPLIES 4
fred Passeron
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi

The VCRM has an auto update feature where the admin can setup a proxy to connect to the internet and schedule a time when he wants the VCRM to connect and Update its content based on the clients that connected to it.

Isn't that enough ? Simply schedule the update to occur every two weeks during week end between backups and other activities...

Connect to VCRM page through the system management homepage of the SIM server. Then click configure the repository and automatic update settings...

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
EGiblock
Occasional Contributor

i must have missed that completely.. i'll check that out in a bit. thank you !
EGiblock
Occasional Contributor

thanks!
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

Thanks to apply points for the replies...
fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov