108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Registering Mibs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Registering Mibs

I was not receiving some alerts and when I checked, I found that 66 of the compiled Mibs have been registered! I followed the instructions when I downloaded the latest version and ran the following command:
cscript updatemibs.js

After this, do I still have to run an mxcompile each time to make sure they are all registered?
5 REPLIES 5
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Registering Mibs

My understanding is that you just need to run the vb script.
I'm sure that's what the instructions say - and I always read the instructions first!

I've only had to use the mxcompile for non-HP MIBs.

Which MIBs were missing?
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I am also an instruction-reader!

It looks like you are right about the non-HP mibs. The specific one I wanted was the powernet.mib. However, some of them are HP (bladetype4-etc. mibs) and not all of the Cisco ones registered. It is really kind of hit and miss! Some are old and some of the unregistered Mibs are the latest version.

If I run mxcompile would it hurt anything?
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

If a MIB is not registered then doing the mxmib and mcompile to get it loaded shouldn't cause any problems.

I guess the worst case is if you compiled an older MIB over a new one.
But, as all of the MIB's are in the one directory this shouldn't be an issue.

As a quick check you can use mxmib -l which will list the MIB's compiled. I did that on my server and didn't see any bladetype-4 MIBs, just bladetype-2.
There were a number of cisco and old-cisco MIBs compiled in.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Great, I will just do that.
My only concern was overwriting new ones, but since they are in the same directory, it should be OK.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I will just recompile and register as Rob suggests.