1754320 Members
3236 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Reset WBEM Password

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Reset WBEM Password

Is there any method to change an unknown password for the Administrator account other than reinstalling the PSP? I had seen a posting about copying an .acl file containing a known password to other servers, but I've got a hodgepodge of differing versions of SIM agents on my servers and am not too sure this method would work. I think I might just level-set the environment on the latest version (7.40) which can use my AD for authentication. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
2 REPLIES 2
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Re: Reset WBEM Password

Scott,
You might try this thread and see if it helps at all:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=901434

And yes, if you move to SS7.40 you can use OS based authentication. If you do that you may want use this newer version of the System Management Homepage as it corrects several issues that were in the 7.40 release of the SMH:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23560.html

Good luck,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Re: Reset WBEM Password

Greetings. You are correct you can replace the file called cpqhmmd.acl (located in the C:\Compaq\Wbem) folder with a know good file that has the correct accounts and passwords set (Administrator, Operator, and User)then if you do that will either require a reboot or what I normally do is restart the web agent twice or restart snmp twice (which in effect restarts the web and other agents also). For me restarting the web agents twice usually does the trick.

If you want to make the setting across the board without the PSP rollout just use HPSIM to "replicate your agent settings" which will then allow you to select a good source server, reconfigure them if you will, and then replicate to your "targets"..

Hope this helps.