Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1759246 Members
2698 Online
108882 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIM 4.2 SP2: Performance Management status is "Unknown" ("?")

Lotosh
Advisor

SIM 4.2 SP2: Performance Management status is "Unknown" ("?")

Test environment: DL350 G3 with 2 proc, 1 Gb RAM, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise + PSP 7.20, SIM 4.2 (from Management CD 7.20) + SIM 4.2 SP2 (downloaded from HP site). Performance Management Pack version is 3.1.

PF status of the server in SIM window is "Unknown" ("?"). Its type is "Server", the model and OS is correctly identified, Version Control Agent and System Management Homepage work fine but there are an empty servers list in PMP admin interface. SIM license mamagement applet shows that there is a valid PMP license on the server.

Initially there were no PMP Option item in SIM Options menu. It appeared only after I reinstalled PMP. But PMP Configuration applet still does not show any servers in the list.

By the way I set SNMP service options according to troubleshooting table in PMP installation guie. No effect (except SIM now shows "Hardware status" "from SNMP" along with "from ping")
9 REPLIES 9
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

I believe you have to enable logging for the server you have licensed:

1) From inside SIM, go to "Options" menu and then select "Performance Management Pack Options" sub-menu and then select "Configuration" from the next sub-menu.
2) Find your server from the list of devices available and make sure under the "Monitoring" column it says "Started".
3) If not started, check the box next to the server, check the "Monitor" checkbox at the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button.

Let me know if this helps.
Nelson
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

No, Logging is not required.

I found on a G4 Server of ours I needed to have the public SNMP Community name before the PMP Config screen would see the Server.

That confused me as on the majority of our Servers that is not the case.

There is a 3.1.1 version of PMP.
Is the Server recognised as a Server in HPSIM? It needs to be a recognised Proliant Server. Otherwise it will not appear in the display.
Lotosh
Advisor

Nelson,

I cannot select my server in PMP control applet. It is simply not listed there.

Rob,

The server is correctly identified by SIM as Proliant ML350 G3. But the server is absent in PMP servers list nevertheless.

PMP 3.1.1 does not help :(
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks Rob for the clarification.

Nelson
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Evgeniy,

Try this:

1) In SIM, go to "Deploy", then "License Manager" and then "Collect Keys".

2) Select your server that you believe has the license assigned to it and click the "Run Now" button. This should hopefully read the PMP license from the server and pull it into SIM.

Let me know the results.

Nelson
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Are any Servers listed in the PMP License Screen?

If so, what is the License Status?

Are you just using the free PMP License Keys available with HPSIM, or do you have others.

Note that you will not see any Servers in the PMP Config screen until they have been licensed.

Lotosh
Advisor

Nelson,

> In SIM, go to "Deploy", then "License Manager" and then "Collect Keys".

It was done before I asked a question. No effect.

According to SIM license manager the server cointains a valid key.

Rob,

> Are any Servers listed in the PMP License Screen?

No.

> Are you just using the free PMP License Keys available with HPSIM

Yes. This is a test environment, I nave no other keys.
Pandos Matus
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

I have same problem like you Evgeniy. But I have installed Performance Management Pack version is 3.1.2. Before I didn't have any problem with HP SIM and with recognising of servers.

Have you solved this problem? If yes, can you send me solution?

Thanx.

Matus.
Lotosh
Advisor

Pandos,

no, I did not resolve the matter. I had no time to investigate it deeply so I postponed it. Maybe later...