Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753797 Members
8022 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM 5.3.1 : event collections definition not displayed correctly and (small) login issue

OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

SIM 5.3.1 : event collections definition not displayed correctly and (small) login issue

Hi All.
I've upgraded my SIM 5.0/sql2000sp3 to 5.3.1/Sql2005sp3 (with all the intermediate versions 5.1 and 5.2) before migrating it to Sim 6.0 in the coming weeks.

After migrating from 5.1 to 5.2, I discovered
two problems :
- I must authenticate three times before I can enter the web site. This is a problem I had before on my SIM test server (now solved with it but I don't know why/how)
- Using 'Customize/Events/edit', the event collections definition are showing all the values with 'or when severity is (any)' instead of the previous values (and when name contains ..., and when name is ending with ..).
However, the traps are correctly handled, meaning that when a trap arrives, the message is sent to the correct recipients (event handlings are based on the event collections).
Also when I view the content of an event collection, it's correct.
It seems that only the displaying is false.
I of course would like to solve this issue (the only one I found after all these changes) before migrating the CMS to the new server.
Have you ever seen that case, do you think it can be an issue for the migration ?

Best regards.
2 REPLIES 2
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIM 5.3.1 : event collections definition not displayed correctly and (small) login issue

Hi all.
Forget my first question.

About eh second, I discovered that the same issue exist on the sim6 server where I migrated the configuration.

As said in my first post, the display only is faulty, event are managed correctly.
Is there a posibility to find the correct configuration of the event collection, either in the SQL db or in any xml file ?

I've started doing some search with them but didn't find where the configuration is stored.

Regards.
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: SIM 5.3.1 : event collections definition not displayed correctly and (small) login issue

I understand that the way Sim 5.3 and 6.0 manages the events collections is different than the first releases.
I'm going to recreate them in the right way and remove the old fashioned collections.