4292 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: System Insight Manager SIM not seeing D3610 enclosure

MorningTumbler
Occasional Contributor

System Insight Manager SIM not seeing D3610 enclosure

Hey all,

I am not too familiar with HP management software and I am running into an issue where the D3610 is not showing in Insight Manager. Have a DL380 Gen 10 with P408i-ar and E208e-p installed. Server is running WS19. The 2 controllers on the D3610 only have SAS ports and a Mfg. USB port. When I go into SSA, both controllers are shown and all drives. The D3610 is showing amber error light and I'm trying to see what the issue is through the SIM.  Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
MorningTumbler
Occasional Contributor

Moderator, please move to appropriate forum.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @MorningTumbler,

Good day!

Could you please confirm if the SIM version is latest.

Also if the Firmware and Driver of Controllers are updated?

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MorningTumbler
Occasional Contributor

SIM version is 7.6.0 installed on a ML350 Gen9 running Windows server 2016.

The D3610 has two controllers, not sure which firmware since I'm not able to connect it to SIM. Only output from the controllers are SAS cables going into a E208e-p. Only other port I see on the controller is a USB mgmt port.

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @MorningTumbler,

Thank you for the reply.

This may needs more expertise and it would be suggested to log Case with HPE for more assistance on this.

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

MorningTumbler
Occasional Contributor

@ksram 

The ML350 is no longer under warranty. I opened a case for access to the download the SPP but was told no without a support aggreement, so opening a case is pointless. 

Can you at least tell me how the controllers on the D3610 are supposed to be recognized by the SIM? The SIM discovery process seems to look for IPs but how do the controllers get an IP without a network port on the controllers?

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi @MorningTumbler,

It ideally collects the information from the Connected Server.

If its not getting detected, you may have to try updating the Firmware / refresh the components and try.

If these doesnt help, it may needs high expertise and case may needs to be logged.

Thank you
RamKS

I work for HPE.

Accept or Kudo