108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: System is unreachable

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

System is unreachable

With the ever growing number of servers and locations I'm adding to HPSIM, I'm beginning to get about 100 server's that come up with the critical error of "system is unreachable" Problem is a bandwith issue, and I need to stop these events from popping up. I thought that the location to correct this was in the global protocol settings under default ping settings. I changed the timeout to 6 and the retries to 5. Still nothing seems to have changed.
Does anyone know what I'm missing??????

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Phong Thai_2
Frequent Advisor

I don't know exactly which MIB, but you can disable the trap handling through SNMP Trap Settings - Options\Events\SNMP Trap Settings\ then look for the MIB where this event resides in and change the Enable Trap Handling from Yes to No. This will keep SIM from trapping this event. Beside this, you can also change the Severity of this Event from whatever current status is to informational. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

Phong's information is incorrect. The event is generated internally in HP SIM when it can't reach a system and is not a received trap, therefore Phong's method will not help here.

John, you don't mention what version of HP SIM. There was an issue prior to version 5 in which the global settings weren't having an effect. Try changing it on the individual system properties page.
John Stalzer
Frequent Advisor

I'm running SIM 5.0 sp4. I've been having this problem even before I upgraded to sp4. I tried changing the system properties. I've even gone all the way up to an 8 second default timeout and 5 retries.
Here is a shot of the system properties.

I must be missing something, but what??????

Thanks,

John
Pootch
Frequent Advisor

Disable "Ping" Option in all schedlued tasks like:

"Hardware Status Polling for non Servers"

"Hardware Status Polling for Servers"

BR