5541 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Task Result Page

Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

Task Result Page

Guys,

How can you clean up this list, I now have over 1000 task listed, and it takes an age if I want to see how a task is running. Surely these old task results are no longer need and I can't find a way of deleting these quickly!

ta
11 REPLIES 11
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

HP SIM cleans up after itself automatically using default values of 30 minutes and 30 days respectively, for tasks without output and tasks with output. Frequently scheduled tasks (like polling) also have a default of 10 instances that it keeps and each new instance pushes the oldest one off a cliff.

You can fine tune these parameters by editing the mx.properties file as documented on page 93 of the Instatllation and User Guide: http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library
Mark Kempe
Advisor

In the event that SIM does not work as documented and the MX.Properties file has been modified, is there a way to manually delete old records? I have the same problem as well. When the task results page finally shows (mine has 3000 records) you can't do anything because it is trying to refresh itself again. The 3000 records date back many months even with the properties file set to 30 days.
Mark Kempe
Advisor

Just trying to keep this on the front page in hopes that one of the HP personel will give us an answer
Annette Jones_2
Regular Advisor

Guys,

I have the same problem as Mark, I have tried with the mx.properties edit, but this seems to do nothing different.

Maybe investigation into why or how to get mx.properties to do what it's meant to do would be appreciated.

A
JoopNL
Advisor

I also have the same problem. About 1200 items on the Task Results Page cause this page to take about 3 minutes to load. The server on which SIM is running is at 100% CPU utilization during that time. (DL380 3 Ghz Xeon) Completely unworkable.
I added the setting MX_JOB_MAX_COMPLETED_JOB_AGE=5
to the mx.properties file. The old results should not be displayed anymore, they are 20 days old. However, they still are.

I need a way to get this mechanism working, or a workaround to manually remove the Task Results from the database.
JoopNL
Advisor

Still having this problem. Anyone who can offer a suggestion?
Johan Fondin
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

I├В┬┤ve the same problem and I├В┬┤ve tried the solution posted earlier. Unfortunately the problem persists for me as well. Does anyone have a solution on this issue. It├В┬┤s very annoying when it takes 2-3 minutes to load and view the "Task Results" page.

regards/
Mark Kempe
Advisor

Trying to keep this on the front page again. My task page will not come up at all now. This thread has been open and unresolved for way too long. Please help.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

My Task Result Page came up after a long time (5 minutes or more) and then I was back at the 100% usage of my Workstation given over to iexplore.exe.

This is with HPSIM 4.2 SP2 so this problem is still not fixed.
I cannot use this screen as even when it does finally display my Workstations responsiveness has gone.