5997 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to get WBEM Events in HP SIM

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Unable to get WBEM Events in HP SIM

Hi,

I have a problem with WBEM Events processing. I was succesfull at setting HP SIM to work correctly with SNMP but with WBEM it is quite harder (!). I am able to check server properties with WBEM, i am able to subscribe for WBEM Events,but when i set up disk thresholds (all neccesery steps are made correctly) nothing is not appeared in HP SIM, no events niether errors. I am trying to catch those events from windows server 2008 R2 (CMS localhost) and win server 2003. WMI mapper proxy should be set up correctly i think, windows firewall is switched off and there is not any routing restriction afaik.

Do you have any idea what to do to make this work?

BR,

Martin

5 REPLIES 5
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Take care if you use WBEM the managed system must have a WBEM Indication subscription from the SIM system. The WBEM indication handler service (Pegasus) should run. Only HP IRS Advance makes an automatic subscription in case of a managed system with valid WBEM credentials.

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Just to be sure where have to be that WMI mapper installed. I confused now.
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

The WMI Proxy (Pegasus Software) is by default installed on the SIM Server.

If you also have Command View EVA on the same server it could be that you have a port conflict.

The wmi Proxy is using port 5989 by default which is the same as the default port for SMI-S of CV EVA.

In such a case you have problems after a system reboot because only one service can catch the port.

Rogger007
Advisor

you can test it by this command "wccproxy test " . this will generate the test alert

@Bendom wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with WBEM Events processing. I was succesfull at setting HP SIM to work correctly with SNMP but with WBEM it is quite harder (!). I am able to check server properties with WBEM, i am able to subscribe for WBEM Events,but when i set up disk thresholds (all neccesery steps are made correctly) nothing is not appeared in HP SIM, no events niether errors. I am trying to catch those events from windows server 2008 R2 (CMS localhost) and win server 2003. WMI mapper proxy should be set up correctly i think, windows firewall is switched off and there is not any routing restriction afaik.

Do you have any idea what to do to make this work?

BR,

Martin

Bendom
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

First of all, i would like to say sorry about my late reply, i was off for a few days. To your suggestion no i am not using Command view EVA and as far as i know there is not any other service using same port as WMI proxy.

In past few days i made a little bit progress. WBEM subscription for one server start to work and i am able to receive WBEM messages. There was probably a problem with HP WBEM provider (no error in log file, just started working after reinstall).

But on the other server i still can not figure out what is missing. I am not able to succesfully make a subscription here. SNMP and WBEM is installed succesfully but even if i choose source in HP SMH it isn't working (I'll try reinstall SMH there i a bit older version so... we will see). This is report about error during re identifying system.

********* Significant issues and overall target discovery/identification status:

Minor: The discovered server cannot be associated with its management processor. For Windows and Linux, verify that the supported HP Insight Management Agents or WBEM provider is installed on the server. For HP-UX, verify that the WBEM Services version has the Management Processor provider. Also, verify that the management processor has been discovered in HP SIM.

Normal: The system has valid hardware data (model, serial number, and unique identifier) and has been identified properly for SIM to manage.

Minor: HP SIM can access the system(s) WMI data, but it cannot access all the system information.

ILO is not connected at this server, it is a must to get WBEM events?

WBEM subscription result in attachement.