1757026 Members
2136 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Update VCA to version 2.2.0.820 fails

Piepenbrink

Update VCA to version 2.2.0.820 fails

Hello,

I┬┤ve got critical software updates needed in my SIM. Among other things the vca agent. I tried to update the vca from version 2.1.9.791. The update allways fails with an error. Accessorily I can not uninstall the installed vca version from the system. Does anyone can create and give an answer, please?
4 REPLIES 4
Rancher
Honored Contributor

How are you trying to install it? I did mine manually so they wouldn't need a reboot. What I did was stop the HP Version Control Agent service on the server. Then I installed the new one, and restarted the service.
Piepenbrink

Hello,

I tried several ways to update. The first way was from https://ip-address/vcagent. There I tried out the newer then the newest version from vca agent. The second way was manually with the corresponding cp├В┬┤s (components). Extracting, then using the .exe or the .msi. The third way was stopping the service and trying again. The forth way was deploying from SIM. The SIM is installed on the target machine. I used two different users with admin rights. I├В┬┤ve configered the agent correct to point to the repository. The cp was downloaded completely from the repository but the result was status = 0. Installation failed.
Robin Fuller
Advisor

do you have the HPSIM deploy task details?
Piepenbrink

Sorry,

the vca service ist going down since two days. I did not have time to restart the server. So an error occurs that something with the vcrm is wrong, there has to be a trust relationship or the repository is in an update phase. After restarting the server I will post the message that SIM produces when trying to update the vca.