3095 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCRM shows all Service Packs for Proliant as "invalid"

simli278
Advisor

VCRM shows all Service Packs for Proliant as "invalid"

Hey all,

I have got the following problem with a fresh installed VCRM 7.4 on a new virtual machine.

After the installation I just wanted to fill the catalog by choosing the "Update from HP" option. After the process it has found several components and 2 Service Packs - but the Service Packs are shown as "invalid".

After that I manually copied 2 more Service Packs into the Repository folder and made a catalog rebuild.

Now the VCRM shows all 4 Service Packs but all as "invalid". See the attached screenshot.

What can I do???

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

6 REPLIES 6
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you click on the invalid SPP's ?

could be there are some or all missing  packages. I would cleanout the repository directory do a rescan and unpack the whole SPP and do a rescan. The rescan should only  be done if the VCRM log does not show the filling of your Repository.  Thr VCRM should see thd changes in the directory.

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli278
Advisor

Thanks for your answer! I will try the steps that you recommended.

I'm actually doing a catalog rescan and when I open the Log Tab there are several lines reading "Failed to get digital signature from component ...." -> Is that normal or is there something wrong?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

That does not sound right...
Kind regards,

Andrew
simli278
Advisor

Well yesterday I deleted the whole Repository folder and did a rescan. After that the VCRM showed an empty catalog.

Then I uploaded just one SPP nothing more and waited until the catalog validation was completed to see what happens. The result was that VCRM now shows me the SPP as invalid again....but I don't know why.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you try an other SPP  just to be sure?

Kind regards,

Andrew
simli278
Advisor

With all older SPP it's not working...only the new SPP's which means 2014.09. and the Supplement Pack are shown correctly...