108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: version control agent trust

SOLVED
Go to solution
City_Blue
Super Advisor

version control agent trust

how do i get my version controle agent to trust my SIM server?

i have imported the Cert and set the trust mode to cert but i still get a warning that there is no trust between the version controle agent and the SIM server

cheers
11 REPLIES 11
Gladiator
Valued Contributor

If you have imported the SIM certificate from SMH and set the trust mode to Trust by cert in SMH, then the trust should work in SIM.

Try deleting the machine and rediscovering it once again.

Regards
Sins
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

After importing cert to System management homepage(SMH) and then if it is regenerated in SIM, trust will not work unless you import the newly generated cert to SMH.

Thnx
Predator
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Try trusting by name first. Let that work and then trust by cert.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

cheers chaps will try them all as at the moment i still can't get the trust to show

cheers
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You should be able to see what certs have been loaded in the SMH from the Security under the Settings tab.
Try removing and re-importing the certificate using the SMH itself and then re-running an Identification task for the server.

As noted above, the VCA relies on the SMH trust, it doesn't have an explicit trust itself.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

still having no Joy with this

i have removed the certs from the SMH and reimported them i done this twice. first time i just ran an identification and got the same

second time i removed the 10 servers in question removed the certs re-imported them and ran discovery. now i get a message that say's it can not find the version control agent on the servers.

but it is there and it is working.

would the fact my SIM server is not the version control repository manger matter? i have this installed on another server

cheers
Predator
Trusted Contributor

Is your trust working now? or do you think are you getting the message "Version control agent..." because of this trust not working?

To sort out this, just click on the version control agent machine and go to SMH through SIM, and see whether you are able to get the SMHomepage without giving credentials.

Make sure the Version control agent is configured to the same version control repository which you are referring from the SIM.

Thnx
Predator
Ralph Frampton
Frequent Advisor
Solution

If the VCRM is in a high CPU state then the VCA will in all likelihood become unresponsive & in that state the HPSIM software status polling task will be unable to successfully query it.

Note: if you have disabled the HPSIM software status polling task then expect that the HPSIM SW status icons will not be updated to reflect the appropriate status (maybe this is why you see the warning message in the HPSIM SW column). HP software isn't updated frequently on our servers (we have to wait for maintenance windows) & so we only run a SW status poll once per week typically.
City_Blue
Super Advisor

this is still a problem

all objects now show VCA as unconfigured, only a few seem to showthe actual state of software