1753465 Members
4914 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Version Control Repository in SIM 5.3 questions

Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Version Control Repository in SIM 5.3 questions

Unfortunately I was not here during the install of HP SIM 5.3.
When I go to Options>Version Control Repository, it shows the server but states in RED that the repository is empty. I see no options anywhere to configure the version control repository to automatically update. Also the C:\repository directory is empty, which would be normal if nothing was put in there.
Was this supposed to get set up during the initial install of HP SIM or does it get installed seperately by downloading VCRM and installing it on the same server. If it isn't installed, I don't know why the menu option would be there.
4 REPLIES 4
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I do see on the server hosting HP SIM c:\hp\hpsmh\data\cgi-bin\vcrepository directory with cpqsrhmo.exe in there. Do I need to re-run this?
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

I just created subdirectorys in the c:\repository on the HP SIM server and put the psp file in there. It did automatically unpack it, but I have no idea how to configure the server so it does automatic updates. I can't find where to do this at???
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Hi Jason,

I don't use this functionality (I prefer to manually populate the directory so that I can control what goes in there). But to automate it:

1) Find your server in SIM that hosts the VCM and click on it.
2) Click on the "Tools and Links" tab for that server
3) Click on the "HP Version Control Repository Manager" link.
4) Click on the "configure the repository and automatic updates settings" link along the left.
5) Directory location is first; click Next.
6) Configure you update settings as needed and save the changes.

Good luck
Nelson
Jason Salgado
Regular Advisor

Thank you for the info. That helped. Since it is on the same server as HP SIM I thought all i needed to do was to go to one of the options menus in HP SIM. I didn't know I had to select the sim server itself. I manually updated the repository and successfully updated a test server so all is good.

Thanks again.