108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Windows Server WBEM monitoring

SOLVED
Go to solution
rav63
Advisor

Windows Server WBEM monitoring

Hello! I'm going to monitor an hp proliant with wbem protocol by Systems Insight Manager. Is it necessary to install Insight Management Agents for Windows Server on the monitored server or it will be enough to install wbem providers? I know about wmi mapper between cms and managed system.

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Windows Server WBEM monitoring

I used to use the historical SNMP agents exclusively but recently switched over to the WBEM agents and it seems to work OK - the older SNMP agents are not needed. The only problem I have found is that when you go to do WBEM subsriptions in SIM it does not work unless the account you setup in the WBEM installation is set as a local administrator. So even though that account only needs to be a non-admin user to "add" the server SIM, it needs to be an administrator in order to subscribe to WBEM events. Once you get the subscription setup, you can remove the Admin rights - but it is a pain to have to do this for every server.

NK

ewald
Advisor

Install the Insight WBEM Agent (and the Managment Homepage).

You can install the Insight SNMP Managemnt Agent at the same time. But only WBEM/SNMP ist active

For SNMP you need SNMP from Windows / Linux installed

rav63
Advisor

thanks,  i've already got wbem working

the only problem is that pegasus mapper not working on SIM server (broken), only on other server

i dont know what to do with it - already posted a theme http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/Pegasus-WMI-Mapper-Windows-problem/td-p/6497152