108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Firmware Update on HP UPS Network Module

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mike71
Occasional Contributor

Firmware Update on HP UPS Network Module

Hi, i want Update the Firmware on the HP Network Module for a R1500 G3 UPS! I have the new Firmware, but how can i Update the Modul now? I have no Idea! Please help. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Sibu
Occasional Visitor

Download the SoftPaq (SPXXXX.EXE)to a directory on your hard drive and change to that directory.

The file that is downloaded is an executable with a filename according to the SP Number.

Run the SP executable to unpack the firmware and release information.

From that SP directory, use the detailed instructions located in the HP R1500 UPS Firmware Update Instructions.pdf file to perform the update.

Mike71
Occasional Contributor

This is the Update foe the UPS! But i will Update the Network Module. When i Download the file, i have *.bin File! How can i Update the Network Module? Thanks for Help!

Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi,

Click Firmware Upload in the menu tree to display the Firmware Upload screen. This screen allows an administrator to upgrade the UPS Network Module firmware.

UPS Firmware update screen.JPG

During the upgrade process, the UPS Network Module does not monitor the UPS status. To upgrade the firmware:

1. Download the latest firmware version from the HP website (http://www.hp.com/go/rackandpower).
2. Click Browse.
3. Navigate to the folder where you saved the downloaded firmware.
4. Click Upload. The upload can take up to 5 minutes. Do not close the web browser or interrupt the operation. A confirmation message displays when the firmware upload successfully completes, and the UPS Network Module automatically restarts.