Servers - General
1752822 Members
4118 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power Manager 4 Excessive Memory Usage

Paul Kissick_1

Power Manager 4 Excessive Memory Usage

We have HP Power Manager 4 (build 11) running on a ML370G2 with Windows 2003 SP1.

It appears that the DevManBE.exe service is taking up too much memory (spotted problem when 64Mbs were in use). Restarting the service clears the problem, but it soon starts using up more memory again.

We have the same Power Manager software running on another server (ML370G1, Windows 2000 SP4) with no apparent problems (may have been resolved already, but have no idea who/how it was done!).

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and know how to resolve it?

Any help appreciated.

Paul Kissick
5 REPLIES 5
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Re: Power Manager 4 Excessive Memory Usage

What is the UPS model that you are attaching to the Windows machine? Which type of connection (serial or USB)? There is an issue with HPPM 4.0 USB connected to a T750 UPS. HP is working to post a fix for the issue.
Paul Kissick_1

Sorry,

We're using a T700 using Serial, on this one.
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Try upgrade your ML370 G2 ROM to latest P25 (5/1/2004). This version on ROM has EMS/BIOS Serial Console feature disabled. Having this enabled will cause conflict with UPS communication via serial port.
Another option would be to uninstall HPPM 4.0, remove the program folder and reinstalling it. Do you have any remote agents in your configuration? I'm running same configuration with latest ROM and do not see the memory problem.
Wade Sniegowski

I am having the same issue. Did you ever come up with a solution? Thanks.
Max Ascott

I am getting these issues on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP1 server. The version is HP Power Manager 4.0 Build 11 and is also connected via serial connection. Has a fix been found for this yet?