7484 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Automatic Version Change when the SDN application gets published

Melcayas
Occasional Contributor

Automatic Version Change when the SDN application gets published

Good day to everyone

I've been looking around where to change the versions as I do modifications to my "modules" (Bundles).

It seems like each bundle has its own version located on the pom.xml file, moreover it is referenced to the parent pom.xml file located in the "root".

Moreover we got the "Descriptor and plan.xml" files which also have the version.

Which files should I change in order to show I've upgraded my version?

Is it there any better way?, in .net the version increases every time I have a new compilation. Is it there any similar way to do so from Eclipse?

Best regards to all 

2 REPLIES 2
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your query.

Currently, version strings appear in

1) Root and children pom file – this is for versioning the artifacts.

2) Descriptor file – this is for displaying the application version on the UI in “Applications” tab.

3) Plan file – This is for tell OSGI the order of deployment of artifacts.

Since Descriptor and Plan files are not generated from pom files, we have to manually edit these. But this is going to change in future.

To change the root and children pom files at one shot we can use the command – mvn versions: set -DnewVersion=3.0

'Please let us know if this answers your question by marking this response as an 'accepted solution’ or if it has been helpful click on the purple star to the left to give me kudos'.

HP SDN Team

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello,

Just following up to see if the previous post answers your query.

Please feel free to reply incase you have more questions around the same topic or open a new thread if new  topic.

If you feel we have answered your question, please do let us know by marking this response as an 'accepted solution’.

Thanks
HP SDN Team