Software Defined Networking
1748256 Members
3938 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Can't dpkg the .deb contoller

bezzzo

Can't dpkg the .deb contoller

I am running Ubuntu 12.04.4 server using VMware, when i get to:  ~S sudo dpkg -i hp-sdn-ctl_2.0.04253_amd64.deb  it says cannot access archive: no such file or directory.

How do i search the directories from thew command to find the exact path? What am i doing wrong

I have put the .deb file is as many folders as i can think of that are related to the VM and it still says no such file or directory. 

Sorry I'm new to this, but i am a student and i need to install this for a school unit.

Thanks,

Jeremy

2 REPLIES 2
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for your query.

Please have a look on HP VAN SDN Controller Installation Guide[page 7]  step 3 -

“Install the HP VAN SDN Controller from the directory in which it is stored, and ensure that you have root access on the Ubuntu system (sudo):”

For e.g.  If hp-sdn-ctl_2.0.04253_amd64.deb file is in /home/user/Downloads directory ,please run the command from /home/user/Downloads directory as below

/home/user/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i hp-sdn-ctl_2.0.04253_amd64.deb

Also make sure you have successfully executed steps 1 and 2.

Please let us know if you still face the problem.

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Jeremy,

Doing a follow up to check if you need any further assistance with respect to the query posted.
Please do let us know  if your problem is solved.

If you have more questions on the same topic please do reply on the same thread or open a new post if new topic.

Thanks
HP SDN Team