4535 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: change the "STAGED" state to "ACTIVE" state

armandom
Advisor

change the "STAGED" state to "ACTIVE" state

hello
when I installed an application appears with the staged state and when I press the start button not change  the state to active.

what can I do?

thanks  

9 REPLIES 9
vandewilly
Advisor

Take a look in the log (/opt/sdn/virgo/serviceability/logs/log.log). Maybe should have an exception there. Could you show us the log output?
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello armandom,

Doing a follow up to check if you need any further assistance with respect to the query posted.

If you are still facing the problem, please share the logs as requested by Vandewilly. In case you feel you have resolved the problem please do let us know.

In case you have more questions on the same topic please do reply on the same thread or open a new post if new topic.

Thanks

HP SDN Team

armandom
Advisor

Hi

vandewilly
Advisor

There are a lot of exceptions into your log before the bundle deploy. Did you see the error below? I think you forgot to publish some csv file.

[2014-03-13 02:00:00.025] ERROR d-3-thread-2-MetricDataAging hp.sdn.general DE0005I Metering descriptor file 'metrics/descriptors.csv' does not exist or is inaccessible and thus cannot be persisted: java.io.FileNotFoundException: metrics/temporaryDescriptors.csv (No such file or directory)

Shaila
Advisor

Hello armandom,

I see following exception in the log

"Failed to locate distinct artifact Monitoreo de red y enrutamiento"

Is your application dependent on an artifact that is missing? If so please make sure you deploy the missing aritifact along with your application.

-- HP SDN Team
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Armandom,

Doing a follow up to check if you need any further assistance with respect to the query posted.

Is your problem solved? Did you try deploying the missing artifact as suggested by Shaila ?

Please do let us know  if your problem is solved.

If you have more questions on the same topic please do reply on the same thread or open a new post if new topic.

Thanks

HP SDN Team

armandom
Advisor

Hi shaila

I have been following the HP VAN SDN Controller Programming Guide to create the sample application health-monitor.

but always appear staged ,do  you have the steps (or pages)to display active considering "the HP VAN SDN Controller Programming Guide

thanks

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello Armandom,

If you are just trying to install sample application health-monitor as mentioned in Programming guide, there should not be any problem in installing the application if you have completed all the steps successfully.

After successfully  building the application you should be able to upload the zip file and after uploading, the state should be active.If still state is not active ,you can try CURL commands to perform the same tasks. Using the commands you can upload/install/start/stop/uninstall the applications.

Please try CURL commands from HP VAN SDN Controller Admin guide [page 77] and let us know if you are still facing the same problem.Please make sure you successfully build the zip file before uploading.

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

armandom
Advisor

Hi sdnindia