Software Defined Networking
1752758 Members
5039 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

glarn: The dpid database.....now on HP's SDN APP store!

SOLVED
Go to solution
N3tZ0mbie
Occasional Collector

glarn: The dpid database.....now on HP's SDN APP store!

Sitting around one weekend, I was thinking...."Wow, it wouldn't it  be cool if I you could look at a bunch of dpids in SDN and know all the system contact information for each one of them?" That information is stored in IMC. If these SDN controlled switches are also being managed by IMC, IMC's eAPI can be leveraged to provide additional helpful information. glarn also uses API's to get dpid information for the SDN controoler. It then unites this information in a SQL database providing for a complete C.R.U.D. (Create, Read, Update, Delete) utility.

You must be using both the HPVAN SDN controller and HP's IMC (Intelligent Management Center)

Free Application

2 REPLIES 2
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Re: glarn: The dpid database.....now on HP's SDN APP store!

Hello N3tZ0mbie,

Looks like you have below queries-

1. Can SDN controlled switches be managed by IMC?

Answer:  SDN Controller and HP IMC are the different production in HPN products portfolio. That means they are standalone products not the manager relationship but including some information interactive and sharing. SDN Controller also provides the method to manage dpid information.

2. You must be using both the HPVAN SDN controller and HP's IMC?

Answer:  Needn’t using both of SDN controller and IMC . These can be used as per the requirement.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with reference to the post.

Thanks,

HP SDN Team

N3tZ0mbie
Occasional Collector
Solution

Re: glarn: The dpid database.....now on HP's SDN APP store!

In it's initial release, when trying to add dpids to the database, glarn will always try to check with IMC and attemt a login. Without IMC this process will crash. I am working on version 1.1.0 which will have a switch to tuern off the IMC search. Should have this out sometime net week.