New Discussion

Remote debugging

SOLVED
Go to solution
janhrnko
Occasional Contributor

Remote debugging

Hi,

I'm just wondering whether someone has tried to remotely debug their internal application. Do you need to turn on java debug globally somewhere in a config file or is it enough just to build the app with correct parameters? I mean, I have to be doing something wrong because I can't make it work... Moreover, I'm using Netbeans 8.0.1 (Eclipse on Ubuntu 14.04 behaves in a funny way - hangs after start). So I'm not sure whether this is a Netbeans issue or something else.

Any feedback (whether if you use Eclipse or Netbeans) is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Re: Remote debugging

Hello,

In the HP VAN SDN Controller Programming Guide you can find steps to enable remote debugging with Eclipse.

Below you can find link to the manual:

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04003169-3.pdf

Are you consulting this document already?

Please let me know whether further help is needed,

Regards,

Antonio

SDN CoE Team

janhrnko
Occasional Contributor

Hi Antonio,

First of all, thanks for your reply. Yep, I've read the older programming guide and also the newest version for controller version 2.4 but as I said earlier, I'm using NetBeans instead of Eclipse so I wanted to know whether there's a way of getting the debug working with NetBeans as well (I'm able to create and build working apps using NBeans).

Best regards,

Jan

janhrnko
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Hi everyone,

I've been able to figure it out at last so I'd like to share that information with you. By the way I've set up my personal webpage where I'm sharing bunch of articles, mainly HOW TOs related to HP VAN SDN Controller and internal app programming at the moment, feel free to stop by, let me know what you'd like to know or comment.

Anyway, here's the solution:
http://www.nethings.eu/home/how-to-setup-remote-debugging-for-sdn-van-controller-internal-apps/

Take care.

Best regards,

Jan