what can I do to fix this?

thanks

Screenshot from 2014-01-24 12:15:24.png

Screenshot from 2014-01-24 12:30:25.png

5 REPLIES 5
EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

Re: rsdoc error 401

Try 2 things. 1, enter the token without the quotes. 2, make sure you click the Explore button after pasting the token.

armandom
Advisor

I tried with

"token": "da37e73d79974b8bac4043a3719cac8d"
"da37e73d79974b8bac4043a3719cac8d"
da37e73d79974b8bac4043a3719cac8d

but doesn't work  :(

Spoiler

EricAtHP
Esteemed Contributor

The last option is what works, just the key, no quotes. That said, the log can return a huge amount of data and may not be a good test. Try /licenses/installid. Don't forget to click the Explore button.

Also, I use a slightly different authentication string. Your is working, so I don't think that is the issue. But it may be worth a try: {"login":{"user":"sdn","password":"skyline"}}

sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

As per the HP VAN SDN Controller REST API Guide.pdf[page 28] ,Response Code 200 is OK i.e. Normal. For Log REST API Response data is an application/octet stream of the zip file containing the controller(s)'s logs.

Here API is running fine (since Response Code 200) . Since response data is an application/octet stream so there is some “unable to parse as json” message.

The preferred way to get the logs would be through the GUI (See attached screenshot).

Another way would be to directly use curl command and redirect output using linux “>” command as follows:

curl --noproxy [Controller IP] --header "X-Auth-Token:[Auth-Token-Value]" --fail -ksS -L –f --request GET --url "https://[Controller IP]/sdn/v2.0/logs/local"  > logs.zip

'Please let us know if this answers your question by marking this response as an 'accepted solution’ or if it has been helpful click on the purple star to the left to give me kudos'.

HP SDN Team

armandom
Advisor
Solution

Hi thanks for your answers

today it worked after reinstalling $ bin / install-sdk

DAMH