3240 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
alexmakura

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc - extra information

First of all, thank you very much, for the effort on uploading all the instructions and software for the original HP smartserver.

After much reading and online searches I found out that this little device is actually a little computer (only problem is no visible VGA connector to use as one). Can be purchased online but requires openning the device which is not very handy.

Anyway, in 2021, I beleive that better software can be used, I just managed to install OpenMediaVault (linux project) and it's running smoothly so far. (faster and more reliable)

You only need to install in a different computer once it's done, plug the HDD on the device, connect a USB keyboard, login as root and run the "omv-firstaid" command and press enter 5 times and voila, working NAS. (this is done without monitor if you don't have the adapter).

Anyway everything is online, just thought that people might know this.

Cheers!

Advaitha

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

Tom and other thread members,

I singed up and logged  in to post this: THANK YOU!!! Thank you for taking the initiative to make these files available, and sharing them with the community. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge. I followed your posts, read through the guidelines and downloaded the files. After many many trials and retrials (I was stuck at the server not entering the recovery mode!) I am finally able to recover my primary disk and able to see all the backups and contents I stored over the years!

THANK YOU!!!

RobMegg

Does any one have the installation disc for treh EX490........I have lost mine and need to re-install.  I have searched alot and no success so far.  Many thanks, Rob (UK) 

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I copied and stored all the installation CDs on my google Drive here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8?resourcekey=0-fLU25RuSMeFDloi2JmXYkQ&usp=sharing

This should be everything you need.
Read the ReadMe file for instructions.

Tom Hayes
TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I copied and stored all the installation CDs on my google Drive here. 
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8?resourcekey=0-fLU25RuSMeFDloi2JmXYkQ&usp=sharing

This should be everything you need.
Read the ReadMe file for instructions.

Tom Hayes

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

Joshdoubleu
Occasional Visitor

Tom, I hear you're the guy to talk to to get the recovery media off you lost the CD. Any way I can get some of that sweet sweet media from you? I tried going to your Google drive link and it didn't give me access. Thanks!
TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor