StoreEasy Storage
1756017 Members
3611 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Managment Agents on NAS 1500

CA1209533

Managment Agents on NAS 1500

I am having trouble installing the latest support pack (7.10) on a NAS 1500 series device. Everything installs correctly except for "HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Server 2003", the "HP ProLiant Rack Infrastructure Interface Service for
Windows 2000/Server 2003" and the "HP ProLiant Remote Monitor Service for Windows 2000/Server
2003". In the log file it shows that an appropriate system management controller driver must be installed prior to installing these components. I have not had any luck finding this component on the hp web site. Anyone have any ideas or could point me in the right direction? I would like to monitor this server along with my others in Insight Manager.

---------------------------------------------
Name: HP Insight Management Agents for Windows 2000/Server 2003
New Version: 7.10.0.0

The software is not supported for installation on this system.

The installation program couldn't find the appropriate system management
controller driver which is required but is not currently installed. Please
install the appropriate system management controller driver and then rerun
the setup program.

Installation will not continue.
3 REPLIES 3
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Brett,

The NAS 1500s is not a standard ProLiant platform. Therefore not all the ProLiant provided software/drivers will work on the Hardware. What you are seeing is normal and correct.
Also note that there is no Insight webUI (Typically: https://localhost:2381)
Sorry for the confusion.

HP has provided another means of getting driver, software, hotfix and security patch updates for the NAS platforms in the form of Service Releases. Go to: http://software.hp.com and click on Storage and NAS to receive a Free CD with the updates.
CA1209533

Thanks a lot for the info Paul. So I guess the main question is, can I not monitor hardware events via Insight manager on this device? That was the main goal.
CA1300448

I am having the same problem except my target is a Proliant DL140 Server. Any ideas?