StoreEver Tape Storage
1748131 Members
3663 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Backing Up Microsoft DPM using DPE 3.1SP4

Lee Cook

Backing Up Microsoft DPM using DPE 3.1SP4

We are trying to backup the VSS information from Microsoft DPM onto tape using Data Protector Express v3.1 sp4. The backup job stops after it has only completed a small number of files and reads as 100% complete. When you check the log, 98% of objects were not attempted. This is not very helpful.
Has anyone else had difficulty backing up DPM?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: Backing Up Microsoft DPM using DPE 3.1SP4

Backing up a DPM server requires that either the DPM service be stopped or the use of a special optional agent for Data Protector Express. This agent, SKU BB127AA, was discontinued because of lack of demand, but may still be available. It requires the the purchase of full Data Protector Express product and will not run with the Single Server Edition the ships with HP tape drives.

DL
Lee Cook

Thanks for the response Dave,
I have 4 licence keys installed: 1 DPM/SQL Agent, 1 SQL Agent, 1 DR Agent and a DPE Licence.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Hi Lee,

I looks like you have the right licenses. When you select the files to be backed up you should see a section of DPM replicas.

Also, make sure in your job options you select to use snapshots (VSS).

I have attached a screen shot of a DPM system. If you don't see something similar there may be a license problem.

DL