1760797 Members
2926 Online
108895 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

compaq 20/40 8 DAT

Waylon Grange

compaq 20/40 8 DAT

I have a Compaq 20/40 8 DAT changer installed on a NetWare 6.5 sever but I am unable to have it recognize it for what it is. I do not have any driver disk that came with it (long since lost) and I am unable to find any for NetWare on the HP web site. Nether NWTAPE.CDM nor DLTTAPE.CDM will provide support for this. NWTAPE.CDM says it can only provide "general support" and DLTTAPE.CDM gives the following error:
"003: WARNING! Driver had an error with device COMPAQ_TSL-10000; therefore, driver did not bind to device."
This previously worked on the same server with NetWare 6 but we formatted the hard drive and decided to Load NetWare 6.5 on this time instead, and now the problem.
If there is any help you can offer I would gladly appreciate it. I'm about at my witts end.
4 REPLIES 4
CA1135362

Re: compaq 20/40 8 DAT

I have basically the same error with my Dell PowerVault 132T LTO2 drive and my Netware 5.1 server I have.

DLTTAPE-2.2-0
WARNING! Driver had an error with device IBM_ULTRIUM-TD2; therefore, driver did not bind to device.

This may/may not help you, but I've also tried updating the NWTape.cdm and adpt160m.ham files and that didn't help.
Waylon Grange

I have recently found a solution to this problem. The changer and tape drive itself use the same SCSI ID so in order for Arcserve to recogize then I had to enable LUN support in the SCSI card BIOS and add the /lun switch to the cards HAM driver in Startup.NCF. I still get that warning message but the changer works just fine.
CA1135362

My SCSI ids are diferent for the changer and the two drives (3,4,5) but I don't know about the LUN support being turned on in the SCSI card. I'll let everyone know my outcome.
Waylon Grange

Note: I also removed NWTAPE & DLTTAPE from Startup.NCF so that arcserver would run correctly.