3176 Online
108876 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: corrupted data on the backup media in Colorado 14gb

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA935178

corrupted data on the backup media in Colorado 14gb

I have tried 3 different tape to do a full system backup. I get errors that have to do with corrupt data. Some of them include: File header not found on media [4872 1308]"
Another is: "(file name)error reading from storage device", and "corrupted data on the backup media". It sounds like a drive problem. Is there any way to fix this or get it repaired?
Thanks,
Marc
3 REPLIES 3
Sean Obee

Marc,

How old are the tapes you are using to backup?
Have you tried retentioning your tapes? Go go Tools, Media, Retention
If you have only a set few tapes that are failing please contact the HP Contact Center to setup a case number to see about possibly having your media exchanged.

Sean
CA935178

The tapes are about a year old. The HP media monitor says they are good. One of them has only been used 3 times. I have tried retensioning all 3 tapes. These errors are found in the Report after the backup and verify are complete. Is there anything else I can do to verify that it is the drive? Can the drive be repaired?
Sean Obee
Solution

I would firstly try the HP Tape Diagnostic utility which will test the functionality of the drive itself. You can download the utility from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/tapediag.exe and then reflash the firmware on the drive depending if its internal the link is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/14gb401.exe or external ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/14gbe401.exe