StoreEver Tape Storage
1757265 Members
3064 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Data Protector Express Job Properties - Log Options Page - All options are disabled

britebyte

Data Protector Express Job Properties - Log Options Page - All options are disabled

Hello,

First post here at HP.  I've been responsible for the tape swapping function at my company for a while. We have a server with Data Protector Express 3.10-sp4 Single Server Edition installed. I have 4 questions I would like your assistance with if you would be so kind:

1. I would like to get the logs emailed to me and get notified of errors. I configured the email server in the Configure Email domain settings. But when I go to the backup job properties pages and press the Log Options button the options are all greyed out. How can I get these enabled?

2. The reason I want to do part number 1 is that I had a media error alert recently which held up the backups for several days until I dismissed it. How can I check if my media is bad? The tape in question is empty because the backup did not run. Is it possible to do a check without backing up to this media or can I only know that it is bad if the backup fails?

3. Is the alert logged anywhere? I clicked on the alert about the bad media, clicked OK after reading it and now it does not appear in the job log for the failed job.

Thank you for reading.

1 REPLY 1
Rajanikant
HPE Pro

Re: Data Protector Express Job Properties - Log Options Page - All options are disabled

Hi,

am trying to answer your questions

1.  I was checking the " log options" in my setup and i was not able to make the options greyed out. will be helpful to understand if you can attatch a screen shot it will help us understand

2. If you are using a HP tape product, you can use HP Library and tape tools application to test your media also. You have some media based teste in it like "Media assesment test" or Media Analysis test based on the type of the device used. these tests can confirm the status of the media.

3. An alert pop up would come when the media error is reported which will disappear once you acknowledge it. The error would be logged into the backup session report if the failure was due to this error.  

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo