StoreEver Tape Storage
1753795 Members
6997 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express notifications?

Gary Mullett

Data Protector Express notifications?

Are email notifications possible with Data Protector Express?
10 REPLIES 10
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Yes you can. There are two steps required to set it up. First you configure email information for the Data Protector Express management domain. Then you configure Data Protector Express to automatically email the job log to the job owner as soon as the job has run.

Configuring Email for the Data Protector Express management domain
1. From the Administration desk bar, select Configure Domain Server.
2. Enter SMTP email settings for your storage domain as follows:
Server address: Enter the address of the mail server.
Server port: Enter the appropriate SMTP port. The Server Port default is 25, which is usually the correct value. If you are using a proxy server, you may have to enter a different Server Port.
From address: Enter the email address to be entered in the From field for each job log email. This email address must be valid.

NOTE: Some SMTP mail servers require that the From address be a valid user@host address; other SMTP mail servers ignore this field.

Configuring Email for a Job
1. Select a job and open its Options property page.
2. Click the Log Options button. The Log Options screen appears.
3. Under Email logs, select the log format and enter an email address for the recipient.
4. Click OK to save the log options.
5. Click OK or Apply to save the changes to the job.

Dave L
Gary Mullett

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure where to start!
CHRIS RICHARDS

Can you specify more than one email address in the Job Log options? I would like to notify more than one person when the job completes, fails, etc.

Thanks,
Chris
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Put the addresses on the single line, separated by a semi-colon (;)

CHRIS RICHARDS

Thanks. That did the trick. I had already given that a try as most systems allow for a semi-colon, but did not see that in the documentation.
Nikolai Derevko

Hi,
I have strange problem: I put the same settings on 4 servers and only one of them is sending notifications correctly.
The job is set to "log all" events but I have notification only in case when job fails but never when job completes successfully.
The difference between servers is that the first one was installed from CD (ver. 3.1 SP1) then upgraded to ver. 3.1 SP4 and then upgarded to ver. 3.5 SP1 and then to ver. 3.5 SP2.
The other 3 servers was instlled with ver. 3.5 SP1 and upgarded to ver 3.5 SP2.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Here are a couple of things you can check.

First, check your basic email setup in the administrative settings of each server and in the job options. Look for differences.
Specifically make sure they using the same email server.

If there are any differences, change the email setup on one of the non-working servers to be the same as the one that works.

If that doesn't work we need to do more troubleshooting than can be easily done in this forum. Please call your local hp support for assistance. You can find the contact information by going to http://hp.com/go/support.

DL
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

One other late idea that came from the development team.

It may be that since you have the option set to log all that log file is too large and the email system is rejecting the message.

Try changing it to only log errors and see if the email gets through.

DL
Giorgio Trevisan

I Have the same problem... I can't send emails...!!! Only with version 3.5 sp2 installed from CD.
I have another installation with version 3.5 and this work!!!

Can I reinstall a version 3.5 ith the same license of 3.5 sp2? Where can I download the old version?

Thanks