StoreEver Tape Storage
1755112 Members
4796 Online
108830 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DLT70e - C5658A - All Lights Flashing

Jack Pelly

DLT70e - C5658A - All Lights Flashing

I have a DLT70e - C5658A. The problem that I have is during backup. All of the indicator lights flash off and on on the left and right side. They also flash in sequence start with the "Write protect" light and continuing down the right side. Then all flash again. This can occur anytime during the backup process. Can anyone tell me what this indicates or what is the problem? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Re: DLT70e - C5658A - All Lights Flashing

If drive logs an event it should be present in its event log. Try HP LTT http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html . Try updating firmware using LTT, running tests
Eugeny
CA704979
Occasional Advisor

I am not familiar with that particular DLT drive, but in general that indicates that your tape leader has come off. If you look into the drive there should be a piece of leader that is hooked on a plastic bar. If it is not there, it cannot pull the tape in the drive and must be reconnected or the drive replaced.

The attached document discusses leader problems.

Quantum's site recommends powering the drive off and on. Then try to load a tape manually. If that fails, have the drive repaired.

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

If leader is dropped then drive is not operational any more. As I understood from original post that drive's problem is intermittent. It sounds to me a selftest issue, not dropped leader. Anyway, you can open drive's door and see if leader in place or not and check it's condition visually
Eugeny