1752607 Members
4953 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error 3028 using Data Protector Express

Scot Cunningham
Occasional Contributor

Error 3028 using Data Protector Express

My Data Protector Express backup job runs into problems when backing up *.tgz files. The log says "Error 3028: Unknown error" for each of these files. How can I get around this?
5 REPLIES 5
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

Re: Error 3028 using Data Protector Express

Hi Scott,

What OS is the system running that owns the files? From the file extension I'm assuming Linux, correct?

Dave

Scot Cunningham
Occasional Contributor

Correct. Linux ES4. The backup is being run from a Windows machine however.
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor

hmmm. Interesting. I've only seen this error before when a backup failed. Not just for a single file.

I need to know which build of Data Protector Express you are running. To find this information, open the GUI and select Help then About from the menus.

If you are running anything earlier than SP4/Build 25352, go to http://hp.com/go/dataprotectorexpress and dowload the latest service pack from the Support section of the sidebar on the right.
BR967590

I have the same problem. I'm using DP Express 3.10sp4,Windows 2003 Server Standard SP2. Some files are not backed up and reports error 3028. The size of failed files is always greater than 15 MB, files are not in use and are not corrupted, access restrictions not matter because other files from the same directory with same ACL are backed up. Backed up files are stored on the same server with HP DPX. The count of failed files is about 100 from the total 1,5 mln files stored in backup. The type of failed files are various (doc, zip, wav, cab, bak, sql)
Michael Weiss II

I was having this same issue, but did manage to solve it. The cause is actually due to the NT Backup API that Data Protector relies upon. Microsoft has a technote about it here --> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304101

Once I applied the registry changes, the 3028 errors stopped.