1756715 Members
2448 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: External DAT 72 Tape Drive with DAT 72 Data Cartridge

Trendex
Occasional Advisor

External DAT 72 Tape Drive with DAT 72 Data Cartridge

I cannot run a backup using DAT 72 data cartridges. I have tried with 3 different DAT 72 data cartridges on an external DAT 72 tape drive. Every time I try to run a backup, the cleaning light turns on and the backup takes much longer than usual. I can't seem to run a proper backup at all. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
CLin_1
Regular Advisor

Try to run L&TT tool, you can get from www.hp.com/support/tapetools
from the right hand look for "HP L&TT", then select the OS. Download the diagnostic tool.

Stop all the backup services. Also stop and set as disabled to removable storage service.

Install l&tt, leave the default settings, just hit next until it finishes the installation.

Load a media into the drive.
Run L&TT, select "hardware scan/NT miniport".
Highlight the tape drive, click the "Test" button and run the following test.
Read/Write test, then drive assessment test.

After running the tests, click on support button. Extract device data then save
support ticket.

Zip the logs folder "C:\Program Files\HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools" and attach the zip file to the forum.

Then we can try to help you.

Regards,
Chun
Trendex
Occasional Advisor

We are using SCO Openserver Version 6.0. The Tape Tools do not exist for this version of UNIX.
We seem to be able to backup using this particular DAT72 tape drive onto DAT 24 tapes. When we try to backup on DAT72 tapes sometimes the backup will work but we get a error when we verify the backup. The error message 'UX:cpio: HALT: Cannot read from device'.