1752798 Members
5722 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Files and folders no longer offline in Windows 10

Mikey_CH
Occasional Contributor

Files and folders no longer offline in Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 and reinstalling the current version of StoreOpen Standalone (vers. 3.2.0) the folders and files aren't set to "offline". When opening a LTFS formatted tape with Windows Explorer, the drive is scanning back and forth to catch all metadata of the files which can take more than 10 minutes (depending on how many files are in a folder). I've checked the settings in the "advanced options" of the "LTFS Configurator" application and the option "disable thumbnails to improve performance, by marking all files as offline" is activated. However, it seems to have no effect on the system. Note that this worked flawlessly in Win 7.

The Only workaround that works is to disable thumnails globally in the folder settings of Windows. I also tried to set the +O attribute for the folders manually, but I get the message that +O is an incorrect value in the comand line. Has MS removed offline attribute in Windows 10? If not, how can I activate it manually, or is the problem within the HPE Standalone application?

My equipment: Windows 10 pro 64bit, HP LTO-6 Ultrium 6250

Thank you very much.

Mike