StoreEver Tape Storage
1755762 Members
3110 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Colorado 8GB Error reading data from file system

Justin Philbrow

HP Colorado 8GB Error reading data from file system

I have a HP Colorado 8GB and am running HP Colorado Backup II (ver. 7) on Windows 95

When trying to backup files from a mapped network drive I get errors with larger files (>300MB) but not with smaller files (it seems). The report I get says it could not backup file X because there is an error reading data from file system:
"Error: s:\HettaVerdurBakaUpp\fin_arni.fbk - error reading data from file system: Den angivne netv??rksressource eller enhed er ikke l??ngere til r??dighed." The Danish text reads: the network resource is no longer available. I have tried several times, but with same result.

Any ideas what I can do?
1 REPLY 1
Mohammed Ali_1

Re: HP Colorado 8GB Error reading data from file system

Hi Justin,

You didn't say if your 8 gb is external or internal. In any case, for Win 98, you need to have CB2 Version 8. You need to uninstall the ver 7. To download ver 8, please go to the following website to download it.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=12504&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=63937&cc=us&swEnvOID=20

You can also run diagnostic testing by running tapediag which you can download from the same link:
HP Colorado Tape Drive Diagnostic Tool

I hope this solves your issue. Thanks

Mohamed
A wise person's question contains half the answer.