PROCESS - full backup
ERROR - error 2: End of data
it is impossible to make a backup process in order to "End of data" errors
any help will be appreciated
9 REPLIES 9
Mauro de Gennaro
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Data protector express - error 2

I tried to do many different backup process, but evryone stopped with error 2.
I wander if it could depend on access rights but should not; in-fact user "Admin" can see and select avery file and folder into the server file system.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Damir Schiller

I get the same error. Tried different backup types and selections but every time same reply!

If anyone (esppecialy HP people) can help it would be nice!
Elvis Monteiro

Same error here, with Windows Server 2008 R2. I already try everything, but never found a solution.

HP Data Protector Express sucks...
Damir Schiller

I found resolution to this problem on some other thread. The problem is that on HP server there is a small partition without assigned drive letter. Just go to drive management and assign a letter to this partition. Any letter will do and no restart is necessary. Since Ive done that, I have no problem with backup.

ggrube

Thanks, that worked for me too!

Rajanikant
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone,

Windows 2008 R2 is not a supported OS for Data Protector Express 4.x version and that is the reason for the "Error 2 --> End of Data" was seen every time you try to use.

The support matrix available at http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storage/software/datapexp/pdf/DPXMatrix_0310.pdf is clarifing that

Windows 2008 R2 is supported by DPX 5.x expected to release this month.

Regards

Raj 

Regards

Raj

How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!
RuV Barry Reilly
Occasional Visitor

there is since 26th september 2010 version 5.0

this aparrantely supports it but trying to obtain the updated certs is a royal pain, no relevant info on how to do it or what website portal to go to.

google 4AA0-7937ENW.pdf for a dpx 5 product guide 

im having this issue too and il cant believe how hard it is to get such simple info on v5 even the guys in the DPX IVR option 6 telephone support didnt know what i was on about.

cptjer88
Occasional Visitor

I was stuck on this also with new install of ultrium 3000 w/P212-zm controller on 2008R2.  After reading comments added drive letter to 2008 repair partition and PRESTO!  backup runs.  I must add, i went through firmware update on both controller and ultrium drive and all windows updates, which is generally a good idea on new install, but was a pain in the arse.

There was an ADDITIONAL problem, the status stuck at 6% on the status screen for 50 minutes.  the log screen showed completed.  After completion, the time counter reset to 38 minutes even thought the status screen still showed 6% after 50 minutes.  Finally, log screen showed all stats as unavailable for status selected completed and failed.  The report during showed 1 item failure, but it never printed into log. 

So, the 4.0 sp1 with the drive letter assigned to the recovery drive DID make backup with the above errors.  I tested a small restore to verify.  OBVIOUSLY there are still errors in the software for R2, and making 5.0 findable is critical.  At least I have a backup while that goes on!

Lefebvre-Julien

Thank a lot , his work nice