StoreEver Tape Storage
1754942 Members
3230 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Surestore/StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8 - '!' in the Inventory of an Autoloader 1/8 and or a Media

Andrew Mihaylovskiy

HP Surestore/StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8 - '!' in the Inventory of an Autoloader 1/8 and or a Media

Hi!

Here such I have a mistake. Went on this reference, nothing helps

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=327382&prodTypeId=12169&objectID=lpg75151

When I import 8 cartridge, go online - autoloader star inventory. First cartridge is indicates Media Attention. Second and third and others - is good. But, when i export first slot - i have 7 cartridge. go online - autoloader star inventory. Second cartridge is indicates Media Attention. Third and others - is good.
7 REPLIES 7
Lewis Finch
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Surestore/StorageWorks Autoloader 1/8 - '!' in the Inventory of an Autoloader 1/8 and or a Media

this ! usually means a cartridge is defective or incorrect media in that slot
"You can't lead the orchestra without turning your back to the crowd"
Andrew Mihaylovskiy

I use ArcServe Backup 11.5 for backup, there mistakes are, but on cartridges data are written well.
As to me to check up, what exactly does not work?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

It sounds like there is something going on the first time a tape is loaded into the drive that causes the autoloader to believe there is a problem with that tape.

Can you post a zipped L&TT support ticket for the autoloader so we can look at the drive logs? If that ticket is pulled right after the inventory it should show if the drive reported a media attention to the library.

L&TT is available at http://www.hp.com/support/tapetools
Andrew Mihaylovskiy

Here ticket.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the ticket. It confirms that the library has reported quite a few "Invalid Cartridge" errors and the drive shows several load problems in the log.

The most recent invalid cartridge error is 7 days ago though so there is no detail available in the logs to help determine why the tape was considered invalid. Only the high level error codes are retained that long.

Without the detail logs I can't offer any suggestions what the problem or solution might be.
Andrew Mihaylovskiy

It is necessary for me will address in local service-center?
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

It may be necessary to call the service center. This is an unusual error so if it does reproduce and you can get an L&TT support ticket shortly after the error I would really like to get that to the lab for investigation.

I sent some queries but nobody that works closely with this library has seen this type of failure before.