108825 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Partial Restore [HP Data Protector Single Server Edition]

SOLVED
Go to solution
ORONDO JONES
Occasional Contributor

Partial Restore [HP Data Protector Single Server Edition]

I performed a Diaster Recovery backup (tape media with CD boot rom); however, since the time of the backup a need to recover only some files from the backup has occurred.

When I attempt to create a restore job, I am unable to see any of the folders in the directory so that I can restore them to a new location. At first thought, I assumed since this was a full backup (diaster recover type) that maybe it is only possible to restore to the original location but I do not feel comfortable with that assumption.

I have reviewed the verify logs generated after the backup and everything backed ok.

Are there some special steps that need to be taken, when trying to do a partial restore to a different location, from a backup that was originally a diaster recovery backup.

1 REPLY 1
D Lancaster
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Partial Restore [HP Data Protector Single Server Edition]

Hi Orlando,

Yes, you can restore any single file or group of files from any backup to either the original location or another location.

When you go to select what you want to restore, as you found, it will show you a tree view of all the folders that have been backed up. If you select one of the folders, you should see a list of the files within the folder in the righthand window.

Select the files you want to restore and if you want to restore them to somewhere other than the original location, then click the "move" icon. It is one of the small icons above the list of files. This will let you chose where you want the files to be restored.

Hope that helps.

Dave