StoreEver Tape Storage
1751920 Members
4951 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with MSL2024

Juan Daniel Hidalgo

Problem with MSL2024

Hello everyone, I'd like to comment my current problem to see if anyone can help me out. I have tried everything I could think of to no avail.

I have 8 tapes in my drive. These are daily backups (Monday through Sunday) and one 'wildcard' tape. Why do I have this tape? Well, sometimes, not always, the tape for the daily backup doesn't overwrite itself and continues writing on this 'wildcard' tape.

Let's say I have Monday's tape inside, with last Monday's backup. This Monday the backup starts on the same tape, but instead of overwriting like it should, it continues writing after the existing backup, thus running out of space and looking for another tape. I has happened that the backup never finished because another tape wasn't available. I want these tapes to ALWAYS overwrite. How can I go about doing so? Sorry for the long post...

edit: I'm using the Data Protector Manager, btw...
2 REPLIES 2
J Busch
Advisor

Re: Problem with MSL2024

if the DP protection is set to 7 days in the backup job i would reduce this to 5 or 6 days.

Juan Daniel Hidalgo

Re: Problem with MSL2024

Backups are configured this way...

Filesystem protection is set to None

Clicking on advanced, Catalog protection is set to same as data protection

Under Disk Image options, Protection says Permanent but the dropdown is disabled so I don't know.

Any ideas?