1753937 Members
9629 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

Kumdist
Valued Contributor

HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

I have a new B6200 which came factory integrated. However, I had a hardtime getting the management console setup for access on my network.

Following the Recommended Configuration Guidelines  & the CLI Reference Guide, I seleted template 5 which suited my network.

Connecting directly to Node1, logging on using the default Admin account,  i ran net set config TEMPLATE5

,put in all the required network details and had the "Login to the management console address at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (192.168.13.2)" appear on the monitor.

However, I wasnt able to ping or connect to the management console at all. Does it take a while to apply or is there any thing i missed? Even after 24 hrs now, still no change. 

i retried the setup for another 4 times and still no luck. Are there any commands I need to run apart from the net set config TEMPLATEx? 

1 REPLY 1
Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP B6200 CONFIGURATION - MANAGEMENT CONSOLE SETUP

on my systems we use 2 networks. the 172.186 network and the 192.168 network.. By default I had the fusion manager running on the 172.186 network.. I wanted to also have a fusion manager on the 192 network.

I found this command to do it.
research it and look it over.

Ibrix_fm –c 192.168.71.190 -d bond1:0 –n 255.255.0.0 –v user
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]