1760486 Members
3832 Online
108894 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE StoreOnce?

monkk
Occasional Visitor

HPE StoreOnce?

I'm running Veeam 11 and right now my primary repository is a traditional Windows NAS. I need to upgrade it and I got a pitch for StoreOnce. We're a small shop and right now on the NAS my total space used with retention is about 15TB, so we're not huge.

Is anyone else using one and are you happy with it? One criticism I've heard is that restores are slow due to rehydration, but that info may be a bit old.

2 REPLIES 2
neutral
HPE Pro

Re: HPE StoreOnce?

Hello @monkk,

It also depends on the StoreOnce system which you are using. The latest version of StoreOnce has good backup and restore performance. Since you are a small to medium-range user, try disabling Veeam's in-line deduplication and compression (never have compression on for any storeonce jobs anyway) and even uncheck to exclude page file blocks. In this way, the restore should be a straightforward read from the Windows NAS, there shouldn't be too much of Veeam having to do random reads. I understand that StoreOnce will perform random reads to reconstruct the SMB files, but still should see some improvement

Thanks & Regards,

Ashik N S

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I am an HPE Employee
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Accept or Kudo

support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE StoreOnce?

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo